Monday, March 25, 2024

All I am is a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

 Back in the ocean! Been years. Tastes the same.


Today was 3-4ft swells, according to a couple surf sites and my own experience. And where I took the picture there was quite the undertow. Nothing like a rip (although the lifeguard did mention one), I never felt like I couldn't walk or swim out of it, but it was pushing me right (in the pic) and a bit out. 

Just swam around for about 30, enjoying it. You can see it was overcast, but the sun did peek out. No need for sun protection or rash guard as it was well after 4pm. Two cruise ships passed while I was out there. Damn those ships are huge. 

Tomorrow is supposed to be real bad (but great for surfers), so I'll try again on Wed and see what it looks like. I'll take my safety buoy that day so I can get a track of my swim. 

The salt. Always takes a while to get used to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lifting week of 6 May

 Another good week. And I swam! (Once...ugh.) 6 May, H SQ: 4x5 @230 OHP: 3x5 @105, 1x5 @95 DL: 260x5 Ended up doing 5,3,3 for the 105 in OHP...