Monday, December 11, 2023

Taking the daughter to work

 Took my 20-year old to an orienteering meet yesterday. It was great fun. 

The O-meet was at Patuxent River Park. There were a lot of courses available, but as this would be my daughter's first time, I signed us up for White Long: 2.3km, 30m elevation, 10 controls. 


We walked the entire course, finishing in 45:31. If we ran, my daughter says, we would have finished in 20-ish minutes. "That was a baby course," my daughter said. Yellow at a minimum from now on, according to her. 

I had fun teaching her the basics. Looking forward to the next time when she and I run a Yellow course. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Chase: Patuxent River Park

 Today was the last orienteering meet of the QOC season, in beautiful Patuxent River Park, where I took my youngest back in December . This ...